Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sticky Chicken

1 whole chicken
Seasoning as follows:
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Paprika
¾ tsp. Cayenne pepper
½ tsp. White pepper
¼ tsp. Black pepper
½ tsp. Onion powder
½ tsp. Ground thyme
¼ tsp. Garlic powder

Mix all seasonings in small container.  This will be enough for several chickens.  If you prefer you can buy pre-made Cajun seasoning; experiment till you find one you like.  Sprinkle seasoning on whole chicken, wrap in Saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.  Bake at 250 degrees for five (yes, FIVE) hours.  Baste occasionally.  This chicken will NOT burn.  You really can’t ruin it.  I’ve skipped the “refrigerate overnight” part, and it’s still good.  I normally only baste it for the last hour, every fifteen to thirty minutes.  I also use the drippings to fry some cottage potatoes or use them in place of butter or margarine when making rice pilaf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment