Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fruit Cocktail Cake

1 ½ cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups (approx.) fruit cocktail (do NOT drain)

Mix all ingredients and pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.  The batter will be very dense.  Sprinkle with ½ cup brown sugar.  Bake at 350 degrees 40-50 minutes.  Top with boiled frosting as SOON as you pull it from oven (both frosting and cake must be piping hot)

Boiled Frosting:

¾ cup sugar
1 cube butter or margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter in small saucepan, add sugar and milk.  Bring to boil, boil hard for 2 minutes.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour over cake immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment