Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Big Samwich

1 loaf French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
6 oz meat (salami, ham, pastrami, or pepperoni)
Sliced cheese (American, Swiss, Cheddar, or Mozzarella)
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tbs. Prepared mustard
Caramelized onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers

Spread mayonnaise on both sides of bread, squirt mustard on bread and mix with mayo till it's a uniform color.  Place sliced meat on bread, top with cheese.  Add caramelized veggies and then place “lid” on the sandwich, wrap well in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  You can cook it in the microwave if you prefer, but bread will not be crusty and overall the results are not as good.  Remove from oven and slice into serving-sized pieces.  Garnish with sliced tomatoes if you like.  Variation: and add a small amount of pesto to the mayonnaise-mustard mixture.  

(To caramelize the vegetables, slice them thin and saute in a small amount of olive oil until they brown nicely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment