Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crumb Cake

Cake:

  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 1/4 cups sour cream
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Crumb topping:

  • 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 3 sticks butter, melted

Sour cream glaze

  • 10 tbs. powdered sugar
  • 2 tbs. sour cream 

Heat oven to 35, grease a 15 x 10 x 1 baking pan.  Lightly dust pan with flour, shake out any excess flour.

Cake:  Combine all cake ingredients in large bowl. Beat according to package directions.  Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20 minutes.  

Topping:  Blend all topping ingredients in bowl until mixture is evenly moistened and clumps together.  

Remove cake from oven and sprinkle with crumbs.  This will be a thick layer.  Return to oven and bake 15 more minutes.  Remove pan and let cool completely.  

Glaze:  Whisk 8 tbs of the powdered sugar with the sour cream in a small bowl.  Dust the top of the cake with the remaining 2 tbs. of the powdered sugar and then drizzle the glaze on the cake.  Cut cake into the desired number of pieces and serve.  Store leftover cake tightly covered for up to three days.  (It won't last that long, trust me.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment