Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups applesauce
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup shortening
4 eggs
1 ½ cup sugar
4 cups flour
1 tsp. each cloves, nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon.
1 pkg. chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)

Mix applesauce and baking soda, set aside.  In large bowl cream shortening, eggs, and sugar.  Add applesauce mixture and spices/salt.  Add flour and mix well.  Add chocolate chips, stirring to distribute evenly.  Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet, bake 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

You can substitute pumpkin for the applesauce for a different taste, but it's still a nice, soft chocolate chip cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment