Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

LEG OF LAMB AS GOOD AS GRANDMA HARRISON’S


  • 1 boned, butterflied leg of lamb (you can buy this already done, just remove from the little net bag and unroll the lamb.)
  • 1 onion, diced and sautĂ©ed in butter with rosemary, thyme, garlic, pepper
Spread onion/herb mixture on cut side of lamb, then roll it up jelly roll fashion and tie or place back inside little net bag.  Brown on all sides in electric skillet heated to 350 degrees.  Add carrots and new red potatoes (halved or quartered if necessary) and cook fat side up at 225 degrees for about 2 hours for a 4 pound leg.  

Alternately, this can be cooked on the rotisserie till done.  Either way, it's a delicious way to prepare the lamb and the flavor of the herbs and onion cooked in the butter permeates the entire roast so it's all flavorful.  If it's cooked on the rotisserie, roast the potatoes and carrots in the oven tossed in olive oil and spices. (Canadian steak seasoning works well for this.)  Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 or 25 minutes till tender.

Lamb should be cooked to approximately the same temperature you like beef so if you like your beef medium rare, that's about how you'll like your lamb.  Use a thermometer to get it to the right temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment