Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spinach Dip

10 oz. Pkg. Frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained. 
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup chopped green onions
1/8 tsp. pepper
¾ tsp. salt

Mix above ingredients in blender for a few moments.  You do NOT want it completely smooth.  Chill to let flavors blend.  To serve, hollow out large round loaf of bread (sourdough and rye both work well) by slicing a one-inch top off bread, scooping out insides in large pieces.  Pour dip into bread bowl, cut “lid” and bread scraps into cubes for dipping.  Also good served with ritz crackers and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment