Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Death by Chocolate Cake

1 ¾ cup boiling water
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
½ cup butter or margarine
1 tbs. vanilla
2 eggs
1 ¾ cup flour
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
4 heaping tbs. cocoa

Pour boiling water over oats, let sit ten minutes.  Add sugars and margarine, stir till margarine is melted.  Add eggs, mix well.  Add flour, salt, soda, and cocoa, beat till well blended.  Add three ounces EACH chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.  Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.  Sprinkle with 3 ounces EACH chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.  Bake 350 degrees 40 minutes or till done.

No comments:

Post a Comment