Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Prime Rib

¾-1 pound prime rib roast per person
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp.  Coarse, freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. Dried thyme leaves (not ground)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine garlic, salt, pepper and thyme; press even into the fat side of the meat (opposite the bone).  Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.  Insert meat thermometer (not an absolute necessity, but darn handy)  so bulb is centered in thickest part of roast.  Do NOT add water or cover. Roast for 18-22 minutes per pound.  Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135.  Let stand 15 minutes before carving, meat temperature will continue to rise to 140 or so.  This will produce mostly medium-rare to rare slices of prime rib, though the end pieces will still be well done.  If you prefer your meat more well done, roast until temperature reaches 155 degrees.  Make gravy from the drippings and serve with mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment