Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 cube butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 20-oz can pineapple rings (reserve juice)
marachino cherries
1 yellow cake mix

Melt butter in 9 x 13 pan, add brown sugar and stir.  Arrange pineapple rings on bottom of pan.  Place cherry in center of each ring.  Mix cake according to package directions, except use pineapple juice for the liquid, adding water if necessary to get the right amount.  Pour batter over pineapple.  Bake 350 degrees 40-45 minutes.  When done, let cool for a few minutes and turn cake onto large platter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment