Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Cookies

I don’t know if these are REALLY from her recipe, but they are the best oatmeal cookies I’ve ever had.  If you don’t like coconut, do NOT use this recipe.  You can’t just leave it out.

2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1 lb. butter (splurge, margarine isn’t as reliable for these)
4 eggs
1 tbs. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. each of baking powder, baking soda
4 cups flour
5 cups quick oats
3 cups raisins (optional)
4 cups coconut

Cream sugars and butter, add eggs and vanilla.  Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour.  Mix well, add oats, coconut, and raisins.  Stir till mixed evenly.  Drop on cookie sheet (greased) and bake 375 degrees for 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment