Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Funeral Potatoes

People either love the name or hate it.  Excellent served with ham.  To cut down on the time involved in making it, you can substitute a package of frozen hash browns for the 7 medium potatoes.(either the cubed or the grated hash browns will work.)  Also, to make this extra good, if you're using fresh onion instead of dehydrated, caramelize them in butter before mixing them into the dish.

7 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated (or diced.)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
¼  cup onion flakes or 1 medium onion, diced
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Mix potatoes, soup, sour cream, onions, and cheese in casserole dish.  Top with 1 cup bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes, drizzle with 2 tbs. melted butter or margarine.  Bake 325 degrees for 45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment