Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Carolyn's Alice Springs Chicken

4 skinless, boneless breast halves
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms (10-12)
2 Tbsp. butter
salt, pepper & paprika
8 slices bacon, cooked
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped (opt)

Honey-mustard marinade

1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. lemon juice

  1. With electric mixer, in small bowl, combine mustard, honey, oil & lemon juice. Whip about 30 seconds. Pour about 2/3 of marinade over chicken. (You will later discard this marinade).
  2. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator about 2 hours. Chill & reserve unused marinade.
  3. After marinating, preheat oven to 375°. Heat ovenproof frying pan (large enough to hold chicken) & 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Sear chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove pan from heat. Keep chicken in pan.
  4. While the chicken is cooking, sauté mushrooms in butter in small skillet.
  5. Brush each seared breast with a little of reserved marinade. (Save some to serve on the side).
  6. Season chicken with salt, pepper & dash of paprika.
  7. Place 2 pieces of cooked bacon on chicken in an X fashion. Spoon sautéed mushrooms evenly over bacon.
  8. Spread 1/4 cup Jack cheese over bacon. Follow with 1/4 cup cheddar.
  9. Return to oven for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted & starting to bubble.
  10. Sprinkle with parsley (opt.)
  11. Serve with honey mustard marinade on side.

No comments:

Post a Comment