Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chicken in Orange Sauce

  • 1 chicken, cut up and dredged in flour, then browned in oil till golden brown, placed in baking dish.  (Can use chicken breasts.)
  • 1 4-oz can mushrooms or sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 can mushroom soup
  • ½ cup chicken stock or chicken bullion mixed with water
  • ½ cup orange juice
  • 5 heaping tsp. Brown sugar

Using pan the chicken was browned in, mix all ingredients except chicken.  Stir well to pick up brown bits in pan, simmer for five minutes.  Pour mixture over chicken, bake at 375 degrees 45-60 minutes.  Serve sauce spooned over rice pilaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment