Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Play Dough

This makes the best playdough.  It's far better than the kind you buy.


2 cups flour
1 cup salt
½ cup cornstarch
1 tbs. oil
1 tbs. alum
2 cups water
food coloring or package of unsweetened Koolaid (optional)

Combine all ingredients in saucepan, cook on low heat (stirring constantly) until the mixture is too hard to stir anymore.  At this point it will most likely be leaving the sides of the pan.  Remove pan from heat, dump dough onto the counter and knead until smooth.  Let cool and store in plastic bag or covered container.  This play dough is a bit softer than commercial, and easier to mold.  You can also let it dry for ornaments, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment