Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Navajo Tacos

  • 1 pound lean ground meat (beef, lamb, venison or pork)
  • 1 small diced onion
  • 1 can pinto or black beans, drained.
  • 4 cooked Navajo Fry Breads (see recipe below)
  • Other toppings:  shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded Cheddar cheese, diced canned green chiles, Sour cream, salsa, sliced black olives, diced green onions

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, brown ground meat and onion until cooked, seasoning as desired with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic; stir in canned beans. Heat through.

Place Fry Bread, cupped side up, on separate plates. Layer ground meat/bean mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and green chiles onto top of each Fry Bread.  Top with other toppings as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment