Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pie Crust in the Pan

Hate to roll out pie crust?  Use this recipe for the same flavor.  This crust will be more crumbly than a rolled crust, but the flavor is perfect.

1 ½ cups flour
½  salt

Throw above ingredients straight into large pie pan, mix with fork.  Combine following ingredients in small bowl:

½ cup oil
2 tbs. milk

Beat oil and milk till combined.  This will NOT mix completely.  Pour this mixture into the pie pan, mix with flour mixture until all oil/milk is absorbed.  Pat mixture into place with your fingers.  Use this as you would any pie crust.  For puddings and other pre-cooked fillings, bake crust at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  To use with fillings that need to be cooked (pumpkin, etc.) pre-bake pie shell at 425 degrees for 5 minutes.  To use in place of a 2-crust pie, reserve ½ to ¾ cups of the crust  mixture to crumble over top of filling, bake as recipe directs.

No comments:

Post a Comment