Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Carrabbas Bread Dip

1/8 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon basil
1/8 teaspoon rosemary
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (or according to your taste)
fresh ground pepper
1 dash red pepper flakes
1 large clove of garlic (crushed)
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Mix together dry spices. Add crushed garlic. Place on small saucer.  Pour olive oil over mixture. Dip with your favorite hot French bread.

Version 2 Dipping Oil for Bread like Carrabba's
Yield: 1/2 cup
1 Tbs. crushed red pepper
1 Tbs. ground black pepper
1 Tbs. dried oregano
1 Tbs. dried rosemary
1 Tbs. dried basil
1 Tbs. parsley flakes
1 Tbs. granulated garlic
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Combine all ingredients, except oil, on a shallow bowl or plate.  Pour olive oil over.  Serve with fresh-baked bread for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment