Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mom Smith's Carrot Cake

Cake:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cups shredded carrots
  • 1 cup raisins (opt)
  • 1 cup nuts (opt)
Icing:
  • 8 oz pkg cream cheese
  • 1 cube margarine
  • 1 lb powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into 13 x 9 greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 degree for 40 minutes. When cool, top with icing.  (Susie's additions:  I add 2 cups shredded coconut and a cup and a half of well drained crushed pineapple.  Add These ingredients when the carrots are added.  You might have to increase the baking time a bit, but the cake is magnificent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment