Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Green Bean Casserole

A few changes in the way I used to make the traditional green bean casserole have made a big difference in the quality.  Now it's a lot fresher tasting and richer (and of course higher in calories, but it's for Thanksgiving so I don't care.)

  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (Healthy request)
  • 1 cup cream (instead of milk)
  • 1 - 1 1/2 tsp. canadian steak seasoning (instead of pepper)
  • 1 large bag of frozen green beans (as much as you can comfortably fit in dish and still stir together ingredients.  Do not used  canned for this version of the recipe.)
  • 3 cups French's french fried onions (doubled from original recipe, get the big can from Sam's club)

Mix all ingredients together, reserving half of the onions, in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.  Top with reserved onions.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or till casserole is bubbling hot, you can adjust time and temperature to share the oven with other Thanksgiving side dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment