Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bean Dip

4 cups refried beans (homemade is best, or use 2 cans)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese, 1 cup grated jack cheese
½ cup chopped green onion
1 can chopped green chilis
1 small can sliced black olives
¼ cup salsa or taco sauce
fresh cilantro, ground cumin, garlic powder to taste

Mix all ingredients, reserving half of the cheese, in oven-safe dish or crock pot.  Top with remaining cheese and heat through (350 degrees for 1 hour by oven, 8 hours on low for crock pot.)  This makes a BIG batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment