Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sherried Beef

Perfect to put in the oven before church, it’s done when you get home.  I have substituted ground beef for the stew meat, it’s still good.  You do not need to precook hamburger, just break it into chunks.  Easy to expand, use another can of soup.  I have also used chicken parts instead of beef, but cut down on the onion soup mix so you don’t overwhelm the chicken.

Two pounds Stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces. 
Three cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can water or cooking sherry
1 envelope onion soup mix.

In large oven-proof glass bowl (preferably one with a lid) mix soups with water or sherry, stirring well.  You do NOT have to get all the lumps out.  Mixture will be a pasty white, don’t worry as it turns a very rich brown by the time it’s done cooking.  Add cut stew meat, stir, cover.  Bake for 3 hours at 350 degrees.  Serve over rice, noodles, mashed potatoes, or biscuits.

This can be done in a crock pot as well, mix together in crock instead of baing dish and cook on low for 8 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment