Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Spinach Casserole

I made this to surprise the kids for Thanksgiving once instead of the green bean casserole and after they got over being upset they decided this was better.  Now I'm supposed to make both every year. :)


  • 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1 can (13 3/4 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
  • 1 cup whole milk

Combine spinach, artichokes, cream, salt, pepper, and half of parmesan cheese in casserole dish.  In a small bowl, beat cream cheese till fluffy.  Reduce mixer speed and add milk, mixing just till blended.  Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over spinach mixture.  Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges bubble and top is golden.  You can adjust baking time and temperature so you can bake it with other casseroles and Thanksgiving side dishes.  Also, it's okay to be a little more generous with the parmesan cheese if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment