Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Pumpkin Raisin Bars or Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp.  baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optioal
1/2 cup raisins

Frosting:
1/3 cup butter (softened)
3 oz. cream cheese (softened)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Heat oven to 350.  Grease 15 x 10 x 1 pan.  Combine all ingredients except nuts and raisins.  Beat at low speed till moistened.  Beat 2 more minutes, then stir in nuts and raisins.  Pour into greased pan.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool completely.   Combine all frosting ingredients in small bowl and beat till smooth.,  Frost cooled bars and cut.

To make pumpkin raisin cake, bake in 9 x 13 pan, bake for 40 to 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment