Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Flame Tree BBQ Sauce

This is the same BBQ sauce that they serve at the Flame Tree BBQ in Disney's Animal Kingdom.  Yum.

1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tbs. molasses
1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs. mild chili powder
1 tbs. paprika
2 tsps. onion powder

1 tsp. ground turmeric

1 tps. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cloves

In a 2-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat.  Reduce heat to low and cook at a bare simmer, stirring frequently, for 35 minutes or until thickened.  Use immediately or store for up to 2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment