Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Green Beans a la Susie

1 pound fresh green beans (can use frozen, but they won't be as delicious)
bacon drippings and/or olive oil
canadian steak seasoning

Clean 1 lb. fresh green beans and blanch for 3 minutes in boiling water.  Drain well.  In the meantime, heat about a tablespoon of bacon drippings in a large frying pan.  Add about a tablespoon of olive oil.  When oil is hot, add drained green beans and stir fry till there are some nice browned areas on the beans but they're still tender-crisp. Sprinkle to taste with the canadian steak seasoning and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment