Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hot Fudge Swirl

I haven't tried this yet, but saw this recipe in a magazine and it looks intriguing.  After trying it once as is, I would probably substitute hot caramel sauce for the hot fudge and add some cinnamon, but that's just me.

Cooking spray (like Pam or the equivalent)
1 3/4 cup flour
2 heaping tsps. bread yeast (or two envelopes regular yeast)
2 tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup very warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
2 tbs. melted butter

Spray 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.  Mix the rest of the ingredients together and top with dollops of hot fudge sauce (regular or dark chocolate.)  Do NOT substitute chocolate syrup.  (This is where I would try a hot caramel sauce, but not something thin, something meant to be used the same as hot fudge.)  Use approximately 1 cup sauce.  Using spoon, swirl fudge sauce into batter.

Bake by placing pie plate into a cold oven.  Set temperature to 350 degrees.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned and firm in center.  Cool 10 minutes.  Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 or 2 tbs. milk to make icing and drizzle over warm cake.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment