Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cream Biscuits

These are the best biscuits EVER.  You will never bother making any other kind.  And they're easy.

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbs. baking powder
2 tsp. sugar
1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 425.  Use an ungreased baking sheet.  Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a mixing bowl.  Stir dry ingredients with a fork to blend and lighten.  Slowly add one cup of cream to the mixture, stirring constantly.  Gather the dough together.  When it holds together and feels tender, it is ready to knead.  If the dough seems shaggy and pieces are dry and falling away, then slowy add enough additional cfream to make the dough hold together. 

Place the dough on a lightly floured board and knead for one minute.  Pat the dough into a square that is about half an inch thick.  Cut into twelve squares and dip each into the melted butter so all sides are coated.  Place the biscuits 2 inches apart on teh baking sheet.  Bake for about fifteen minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned.  Serve hot with butter and jam, or serve with sausage gravy.  (This is a special-occasion breakfast, not "low fat" by any stretch of the imagination, but really delicious.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment