Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbs. milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
powdered sugar

Cream butter and sugar till light, add vanilla, eggs, and cocoa.  Stir in dry ingredients, milk, and nuts/chocolate chips.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls (refrigerate dough to make it firmer, if necessary.)  Roll balls in powdered sugar and place on lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 for 14 to 16 minutes, or until cookies are firm in the center.  Remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack.  Makes about 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment