Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Moist chocolate cake

1 3/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa
2 tbs. pero powder (optional)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda and baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk or buttermilk
1/2 cup oil
1 or 2 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour pan of your choice (bundt or 9 x 13).  Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.  Add wet ingredients, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Batter will be thin.  Pour into pan.  Bake 45-50 minutes for bundt pan, 35-40 minutes for 9 x 13 pan.  Test for doneness with toothpick inserted near center.  (Toothpick should come out clean.)  For bundt cake, cool on rack for 10 minutes, invert on plate and dust with powdered sugar.  For 9 x 13 pan, try chocolate cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment