Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breakfast Cake

When the kids were little and I wanted to make a special breakfast, they would FREAK when I mentioned I was making coffee cake, so I had to re-name this breakfast cake.  


½ cup salad oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups sugar
3 cups flour (whole wheat is best)
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Combine oil, eggs, milk.  Add dry ingredients, mix well.  Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.  Sprinkle with Spicy topping (below), bake 375 degrees for 34-40 minutes.  Serve warm, along with some fresh fruit and maybe some bacon or sausage.  This is a special breakfast.  To make it a little healthier I used to make it with freshly ground whole wheat flour, and it was still absolutely wonderful.

Spicy topping:

½ cup brown sugar
2 tbs. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbs. melted butter

Combine all ingredients, sprinkle over cake batter before baking.

2 comments: