Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Caramelized Onion-Bacon Dip

6 slices bacon, diced
1 large onion, sliced thin
3 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In large skillet, saute diced bacon till it's nice and crispy.  As it crisps, break it up further with fork.  Remove from pan and drain well.  Using some of the bacon drippings, cook onion until well caramelized and golden brown.  Remove from pan and chop coarsely.

In medium bowl, whip together the cream cheese and sour cream till light and fluffy.  Stir in the bacon crumbles, the onions, the vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper.  Chill at least 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment