Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Slow cooker Chicken tortilla soup

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup 
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 2 cups frozen corn
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • tomato, optional topping
  • avocado, optional topping
  • sour cream, optional topping
  • crushed tortilla chips, optional topping.

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Place chicken into slow cooker.
  3. In a bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin, and cilantro. Pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours (or high for 2-3 hours).
  4. Remove chicken and shred using two forks.
  5. Put chicken back into slow cooker, add cheese, and let cook for 15 more minutes.
  6. Serve with your favorite fajita toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment