Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Brussels sprouts and bacon au gratin


  • 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
  • 8 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • Salt and ground pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. Toss brussel sprouts in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place them in a large glass baking dish and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in the cheese.
  4. Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon.
  5. Reduce oven temperature to 350F° return baking dish to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set.
  6. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment