Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Pumpkin sheet cake





INGREDIENTS:

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup milk
1/2 cup pureed plain pumpkin (canned plain pumpkin)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
5 1/2 cups powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 18 jelly roll pan with butter or spray with Baker's Joy.
In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, milk, pumpkin and sugar. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract. Then whisk in flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Pour batter into prepared jelly roll pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Frosting: in a large bowl cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon on low speed until combined.
Then whisk in powered sugar - beating on high until frosting is smooth. Spread frosting on top of cake.
Refrigerate cake until ready to serve, and let cake rest on counter for 10 minutes before serving to let it warm up just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment