Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Beef bone broth


Ingredients:
4 pounds beef bones with marrow
4 carrots, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
2 medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
2 bay leaves

3 sprigs fresh thyme 5-6 sprigs parsley
1⁄4 cup ACV
18-20 cups cold water



Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
  2. Add in water.
  3. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
  4. Simmer for 24-48 hours.
  5. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
  6. Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
  7. Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment