Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Avocado lime ranch dressing

Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
Ingredients you’ll need:
1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
1 Serrano pepper, seeded and rough chopped
3 medium clove garlic, peeled
3 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, rough chopped
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Mexican oregano
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp dark chili powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
Directions:
Place the onion, Serrano pepper, garlic cloves, lime juice and cilantro into a blender.  Pulse until chopped.  Add the remaining ingredients.  Pulse until smooth.  Add more buttermilk, if desired to thin.  Store chilled for several hours before serving.  May make up to 3 days in advance, shake well before serving.  Serve as a dressing, condiment or a dip.  Yield: approximately 3 1/2 cups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment