Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Chicken Tortilla Lettuce Wraps








Add some Mexican flair into what’s normally an Asian dish. Soft butter lettuce (or romaine) cradles taco-seasoned chicken, juicy tomatoes and corn, crisp red peppers, and cheese. The wraps are topped with bright cilantro and seasoned tortilla chips. There’s so much flavor and texture in every bite. You can customize the wraps by incorporating ingredients like black beans, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, or your favorite taco fixings. They’re ready in 10 minutes and a crowd favorite.


INGREDIENTS:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (can use ground chicken or beef)
3 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 head butter lettuce
1 medium tomato, diced, or halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or a Mexican mix
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
1 cup seasoned tortilla chips, crushed (I crush Doritos in my palm)
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, optional
1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
salsa, for garnshing
sour cream, for garnishing

DIRECTIONS:

To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, flipping and stirring intermittently so all sides cook evenly. After the chicken has cooked through, evenly sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir to coat. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Allow chicken to rest in pan off the heat while you prep the remaining ingredients.

Peel off the leaves of the butter lettuce from the core and stack them on a plate.
Use 2 leaves of butter lettuce per wrap.  (Leaves are doubled up so the wraps are sturdier) and add about 3 tablespoons chicken. Top with your choice of the remaining ingredients and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment