Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Chimichurri Chicken or Steak Avocado Salad

Grilled Chimichurri Avocado Salad is another meal in a salad! Using authentic chimichurri as a dressing that doubles as a marinade keeps all of the incredible flavours of chimichurri in the bowl. Serves 4

Ingredients


  • One batch homemade or store bought Chimichurri
  • 4 servings boneless, skinless chicken thighs, breasts, beef skirt steak, lean pork
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
  • 3 ripe tomatoes , sliced
  • ½ a red onion, sliced thin
  • 2 avocados, sliced
  • Black beans, fresh or frozen corn, sliced olives, crumbled tortilla chips
  • Sour cream and Fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish

Instructions

Make a batch of Chimichurri in a small bowl or jug if not using pre-made. Pour 4 tablespoons of chimichurri out into a shallow dish to coat the meat, and allow to marinade for 20 minutes (if time allows). Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.

Heat the oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill meat on each side until done to your liking. Alternately, meat can be cooked outdoors over a flame on the BBQ. Once meat is cooked, set aside and allow to rest while you prepare the rest of the salad ingredients.

Slice meat into strips and assemble salad with leaves, tomatoes, onion and avocado slices, Drizzle with remaining chimichurri dressing and serve with any or all other ingredients as garnishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment