Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Rice Cream


1 cup white rice (not instant)
½ tsp. salt
1 qt. milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
½ chopped almonds and 1 whole blanched almond
2 cups heavy cream, whipped with 1 tsp almond extract and sweetened to taste

Cook rice, salt, and milk in double boiler until rice is soft and mixture is thick, about ½ hour.  Add sugar and almond extract.  Chill.  Add chopped almonds and whole almond.  Stir in whipped cream.  Spoon into dishes and serve with red fruit sauce.  The person who gets the whole almond gets a gift and gets to help hand out the Christmas presents.  

1 comment:

  1. The story we were told in Sweden is that the person that gets the whole almond is getting married in the next year. Of course, it was "spiked" with extra almonds so that every missionary got at least one almond.

    ReplyDelete