Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas

I suspect that just about any enchilada recipe would freeze well, but this is the recipe we tried. I have made this recipe several times fresh, and it is tasty.


Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas

2 Chicken Breasts, cooked & shredded
1 15 oz cans green chili enchilada sauce
1/2 can diced green chilies
8 small flour tortillas
1 c shredded cheese
4 oz cream cheese

Pour 1/4 can enchilada sauce into a 9x13 pan.  Save 1/4  can for the top, add other 1/2 can into the chicken.  Add the cream cheese and chilies & heat until the cream cheese is melted.  Spoon into enchiladas with a handful of cheese.  Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce on top.  Sprinkle cheese on top and freeze.

Bake from frozen, covered for 30 min, uncovered for 20-30 minutes @ 350*.

No comments:

Post a Comment