Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cookie Bowls

Okay, I saw this picture and Sarah and I agree that this is an AMAZING idea... There were no instructions so you'd have to experiment but I suspect you'd cook these about as long as you'd cook any other large cookie.  Think how cute these would be filled with ice cream for a kid's party or filled with fresh fruit or a good fruit topping, with some whipped cream for a great dessert.  Use your favorite cookie recipe (though I think I'd steer clear of chocolate chips or anyting with chunks of candy in it because that would tend to melt off and leave holes.)  Form to the OUTSIDE of the greased muffin tin (cute muffin tins would make a cuter bowl but let's face it, once it's filled you'll only see so much of the "cuteness" factor anyway) and then bake.  Let cool partially before you remove from the muffin tin, then cool completely before you invert and fill.  (This is an educated guess.)

There's a bakery at the airport that serves oatmeal in the morning in a large oatmeal cookie.  Hmm...  The possibilities are endless.  You could always serve an oatmeal cookie with some applesauce in it or with a yogurt filling and serve it for breakfast too.  Pudding would also be a good filling.  Worms and dirt would work for a kids' party too. 

1 comment: