Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mashed Potato Salad

We made this for our 4th of July barbecue. It is nothing like the traditional potato salad, but to me is more like loaded mashed potatoes, hence the name. :)

1 5 lb bag of red potatoes
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 lb bacon
1/2-1 cup chopped green onions

Cut up and boil the potatoes until they are soft. While they are cooking, cut up the bacon and fry it. when it is finished, lightly sautee the green onions in some of the drippings. Drain the bacon and green onions, and put them in a bowl with the mayonnaise, sour cream, and ranch dressing mix. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste, as well as a dash of cayenne pepper if you like. When the potatoes are done cooking, drain and let cool, then mix them in with the other ingredients. Serve warm or chilled. 


2 comments:

  1. You mean "Baked Potato Salad" or "Loaded Potato Salad"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT'S a potato salad that I would love. The only other kind I have ever liked was Marilee's. :::sigh::: Marilee's potato salad...

    ReplyDelete