Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blueberry Breakfast Cake

  • ½ cup butter
  • zest from 1 large lemon
  • 1 scant cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • ½ cup buttermilk (or juice from 1 lemon and add milk to make half cup)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon zest and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with butter or coat with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with a tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment