Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Snickerdoodle Muffins

From Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.  Looked really good, so I wanted to post it here to try later.
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • ¾ tsp baking soda
  • ¾ tsp baking powder
  • ¾ tsp cream of tarter
  • ¾ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 and ¼ cup sour cream
  • 2 and ¼ cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar and 2 TBSP cinnamon mixed together for rolling


1.Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
2.In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and cream of tarter.
3.Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture in the additions. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out  muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar.. Place muffin into a greased muffin tin.. Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 12 to 14 muffins. Bake them for approx. 20-22 minutes in a 350F oven or until they are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment