Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Monday, July 23, 2012

No-boil Macaroni and Cheese


2 cups macaroni, uncooked
4 cups whole milk
1/2 cube butter, melted
1 tsp. salt
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed or shredded
4 cups shredded cheese
1 tsp. dry mustard powder or 3 tbs. prepared mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  Into dish, combine milk with melted butter, add salt and mustard. Pour in uncooked macaroni and Velveeta. Add half of shredded cheese and stir. Cover with lid (or aluminium foil if your baking dish doesn't have a lid.) Bake for about 50-60 minutes until macaroni is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.

Remove from oven, remove cover, and top with remaining cheese.  Return to oven uncovered for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted, bubbly and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment