Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Marinated Flank Steak (Alton Brown)


1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
4 green onions, diced
2 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
3 TB brown sugar
Flank Steak

Combine the first 8 ingredients in lg. ziplock bag. Add the flank steak, seal, then refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove the flank steak from the refrigerator 20 minutes prior to cooking. Heat the outdoor grill or grill pan on medium high heat and coat with a quick brush of olive oil. Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes per side or until it’s cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing in thin slices against the grain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment