Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

tomato bisque

2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups chicken broth
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup half-and-half cream
Chopped fresh tomatoes, optional

Directions
In a medium saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add chicken broth. Stir in tomato paste and cayenne until well blended.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; gradually stir in cream. (Do not boil.) Garnish with chopped tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment