Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Creamed corn.

  • (1) 24 oz bag of frozen shoepeg corn 
  • 8 oz. heavy cream
  • 8 oz. milk
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 6 tsp. sugar
  • 2 T. melted butter
  • 2 T. Flour (or cornstarch for GF)
  • pinch white pepper (black pepper is just fine too)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Chicken Casserole
Put corn, cream and milk in saucepan and bring to a boil. (At first it will be a solid frozen mass….just give it time….it will warm up and liquify) Melt butter in microwave and add flour to make a roux (thickener). Will be the consistency of paste.
Chicken Casserole
Mix this into the corn. Continue to cook until thickened. Add pepper. Pour into casserole dish (9 x 13 if you doubled it) and top with Parmesan cheese. Put into 350 degree oven for 20 minutes (or until cheese is good and melted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment