Welcome to my cookbook! I have several recipes that folks have asked for, so I decided to post them here. Some are included in the ward cookbook, but many of them are things I found after that was published so I wanted a place to put them so my family had access to them. I'll add to this as I find things that I think need to be shared. If you have a recipe you'd like to add, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lime Cilantro Shredded Chicken Tacos



1 (16 oz) jar salsa- I used a green tomatillo salsa
1 package taco seasoning
1 lime, juiced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

3 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast halves
Place the salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture. Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 4 hours. If desired, set cooker to Low and cook 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks to serve.
I also made lime cilantro rice with this. In my rice maker I melted 2 tbsp butter, added 1 tsp pepper, 2 tbsp cilantro and 3 tbsp lime juice. I stirred in 2 cups uncooked rice and made sure it was all coated thoroughly in the mixture. Add 3.5c water and cook. Tasted just like qudoba rice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment